The clinic is currently closed due to SARS CoV2 restrictions.
Welcome to the Clinic of Integrated Therapies.
My name is Alan, and I call myself a Neuromuscular Therapist.
I treat muscular – skeletal and soft tissue injuries all over the body without needing High Velocity manipulation techniques (cracking joints), new fangled percussive tools, drop tables, stiletto heals, chrystals, pan pipe music, fancy oils or elbows (well, very occasionally).
I just use my hands to ‘listen’ to your soft tissues and then help you, that’s all.
Following a chat about medical history and reasons for attending, I proceed to treat people of all ages with acute and chronic pain using a variety of techniques including :-
- Targeted Trigger point Therapy – These points cause a lot of pain within a muscle group (and often elsewhere in the area – also often leading to joint movement impairment, such as shoulder pain, etc), and when found, can be incredibly sore or sensitive to the patient. As painful as they usually are to treat, they often provide rapid relief to the condition being treated. Don’t be put off by what you may have heard; Yes, trigger points are sore when treated initially, but they get less sore and more bearable as the treatment progresses, with demonstrable results by the end of the session in most cases.
- Muscle Energy Technique (MET) – This amazing and effective technique, gently coaxes miss-firing muscle groups that power your skeleton for movement, to work as a team again.
- Remedial Massage therapies – From gentle Myo-fascial release to deep tissue massage, and everything in between
- Positional release – easier to show you than waffle on about it.
- Auricular Acupuncture – Used when required and only if agreed to.
- Breathing control advice
- Somebody to talk to – I listen